There are two key points here: long videos, and multiple videos.
If you have used WeChat and tried to post videos on your Moments, you may already notice that you cannot post a video more than 10 seconds. This is the first limitation. What I did before was to split my long videos into several shorter ones. This approach is time consuming, and frustrating.
The second limitation is that while you can include up to 9 photos in one post, but you cannot post more than one video in one-shot. So I often ended up posting 5 to 6 videos in 5 to 6 posts for a single event on my Moments. Again, this is time consuming, frustrating for you, and also confusing for your friends.
The procedure described here will help you to include multiple long videos in one post on your Moments. This could save you lots of time, feel satisfactory when looking at your elegant post. In the meantime, it also help your friends to quickly figure out what you are trying to tell them.
That’s all for the introduction. Let’s cut to the chase.
Step 1: Send the videos to yourself in “Chats”
– Go to “Chats” tab, search your name
– Add the necessary text and comment as you like: you should do this, because later you can edit the text in “Note”
– Add at least one photo: it’s nice to have, so there will be a meaningful thumbnail in your post, instead of a generic cube that is the symbol of Favorites. But you can also add it later. I skip this advice here on purpose, so we will find out how to do it later.
– Add multiple videos
Step 2: add to favorites
– Select the text, photos, and videos
– Click the cube icon to save the selection into Favorites
Step 3: convert to “Note”
– Go to the tab called “Me”
– Select “Favorites”
– Click or touch the newly added item
– Click “…” icon at the top-right of the screen
– Select “Save as Note”: it becomes a new item with “Note” in front of it
– Click “Note”: inspect the content, modify the text if necessary. Make sure to add at least one photo so there will be a meaningful thumbnail when later you post the Note in Moments.
Step 4: post on “Moments”
– If you are satisfied, click “…” icon again
– Select “Share on Moments”
– Add title and description for this post
In summary, the trick is to use the “Note” functionality in “Moments”.
You may ask: why not use “Note” directly?
Here is the reply: if you start from scratch, yes, you can directly add a blank Note. Indeed, inside Favorites screen, you can press plus icon to add Note. But if the videos are sent by others, it’s easier to use my procedure.